CEFALY® Migraine Device
The Cefaly® Dual device is a neurostimulator that is applied to the forehead using a self-adhesive electrode positioned bilaterally over the upper branches of the trigeminal nerve. The Cefaly® Dual device uses electric impulses that are delivered to the main branch of the trigeminal nerve to prevent and treat pain in the head area. This method can replace or considerably reduce the consumption of painkilling medication and helps to find a better quality of life.
Cefaly is an External Trigeminal Nerve Stimulation device (e-TNS) for migraine treatment. A self-adhesive electrode is placed on the forehead and the Cefaly device is magnetically connected to this electrode. Precise micro-impulses are then sent through the electrode to the upper branch of the trigeminal nerve to either relieve the headache pain during a migraine attack (Acute setting) or to prevent future migraine attacks (Prevent setting). Cefaly® is intended for patients who suffer from migraine with or without aura particularly when drug consumption needs to be reduced.
The Acute setting is indicated for the acute treatment of migraine attacks. The Prevent setting is indicated for migraineurs who have frequent attacks (3 or more per month) and need a migraine prophylaxis to reduce the frequency of attacks.
Long Term Patient Compliance
Collected data on 14,745 migraine patients who use the Cefaly® device for more than 3 months (between 4 and 19 months) reveals a long-term compliance of 72.4%; much better than for oral preventative migraine medication.
60 Day Cooling-Off Period
If within 60 days, you find that you did not see benefit from Cefaly Dual please return the device to BHR in Nuneaton. Only products returned in their entirety and including the device, case and charger and in their original packaging can be accepted for return. Items missing will not be refunded. (All items are disposed of using correct disposal procedures as per our Standard Operating Procedures for environmental disposal of electrical items) This option applies only to online sales to consumers.
How to use the Cefaly Device
How to us the Cefaly Arnold Kit
Test Kit Includes
- Cefaly Dual Device
- Charging Plug & Cable
- 1 Electrode
- Carrier Case
- Arnold Kit
- Supraorbital transcutaneous neurostimulation has sedative effects in healthy subjects
- External Trigeminal Nerve Stimulation for the Acute Treatment of Migraine: Open-Label Trial on Safety and Efficacy.
- A survey on migraine attack treatment with the CEFALY® device in regular users
- Abortive Treatment of Migraine with the Cefaly® Abortive Program Device
- Migraine prevention with a supraorbital transcutaneous stimulator
- Safety and patients’ satisfaction of transcutaneous Supraorbital NeuroStimulation (tSNS) with the Cefaly® device in headache treatment: a survey of 2,313 headache sufferers in the general population
- Transcutaneous supraorbital neurostimulation in “de novo” patients with migraine without aura: the first Italian experience
- Transcutaneous supraorbital neurostimulation for the prevention of chronic migraine: a prospective, open-label preliminary trial
- Clinical experience with transcutaneous supraorbital nerve stimulation in patients with refractory migraine or with migraine and intolerance to topiramate: a prospective exploratory clinical study
- Cerebral metabolism before and after external trigeminal nerve stimulation in episodic migraine
- Migraine treatment with external trigeminal nerve stimulation: current knowledge on
- Functional Changes of the Perigenual Part of the Anterior Cingulate Cortex after External Trigeminal Neurostimulation in Migraine Patients
- Transcutaneous Supraorbital Nerve Stimulation (t-SNS) with the Cefaly® Device for Migraine Prevention: A Review of the Available Data
- Effects of external trigeminal nerve stimulation (eTNS) on laser evoked cortical potentials (LEP): A pilot study in migraine patients and controls.
- Rationale for electrical parameter determination in external trigeminal nerve stimulation (eTNS) for migraine: A narrative review.